FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 3: The challenge of sarcastic and rude members and replies
Old Nov 1, 2009, 10:23 pm
RichMSN
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I don't feel a permanent sticky is really worth much, as there are stickies on a number of forums now that I've probably never read.

Instead, I think there needs to be a welcoming attitude from people who post -- especially those who post a lot in forums, especially the miles and points forums where many first dip a toe into the water.

Me? I've always been turned off by those people who tend to jump on people who perhaps haven't learned how to use the search feature or who ask questions that were recently asked. It takes some restraint sometimes to not be snarky towards people, but it wouldn't be hard to simply ignore the post or to send a link or answer by PM or simply post the answer even if it is for the 10th time.

And some of the snarkiest people in these areas are the ones who've posted the longest and are unapologetic about it. Definitely something I feel is worth having the TalkBoard discuss (something like an ambassador program, which I believe was discussed before) and something I would bring up if I'm elected.