FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best option for SFO-MAD in Dec via MR/SPG
Old Nov 1, 2009, 7:15 pm
macabus

Originally Posted by sfducati
macabus,
This definitely sounds like the best option! I do have an account with Aeroplan, I tried to check the availability but I keep getting this message
"There is no Best Value Flight Rewards availability for your requested dates. Use the Availability Calendar to select other available dates."
I've also checked "Extra Access Flight Rewards",played with the dates but it is still not showing any flights. Does that mean that I need to call them to check availability?
(i'll try to post a screenshot later..)
Normally, you can check availability with LH on the ANA tool, but it sounds like you have to call Aeroplan.

If it were up to me, I would fly UA from SFO to JFK in PS-F, then take the LX sleeper flight to ZRH on the new 333 with new lie-flat business seats, and then on to MAD with LX in C.

But if it REALLY was me flying, then I would cough up another 15,000 SPG points and fly RTW in C with LX through Aeroplan. I.E. continue on from MAD to FRA and catch LH or TG to BKK or SIN, then to HKG or NRT, then to JFK.

All for 80,000 SPG points.

But I would never fly business, so it would have to be RTW in F with Aeroplan for 100,000 SPG points on LX. Converts to 120,000 AC miles.

JFK-ZRH-MAD: LX-F Stop.
MAD-FRA OR MUC: LH-C connect
MUC-BKK - LH or TG - F (dest)
BKK-HKG - TG - F (overnight)
HKG - ICN - OZ - F (Stop)
ICN-NRT - connect
NRT-JFK - NH - F (fini)

you actually get 10 segments in F on an Aeroplan 120,000 mile reward.

PM me if you need help with this.