FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Awful experience and strange blowoff (mold in suites at Parker Meridien NYC)
Old Oct 30, 2009, 4:26 pm
NJUPINTHEAIR
Suspended

I won't repeat your statements above just address them in no particular order.

I understand you don't sell cigarrettes -- likely cigars -- and given that you are Canadian, that cigar you left at the property was probably one that was on someone's embargo list.

I am not going to belabor the point -- smoking of any kind is not healthy and cigar smoke is just as bad for your olfactory senses as cigarette smoke, perhaps worse as it is stronger and longer lasting.

Second, I did not see any mold in those pictures and although there may have been, it also is quite evident that your threshold for potential exposure to allergens and viruses is quite low. I would not call you a hypochondriac per se, but you probably do have certain exaggerated concerns over your health and safety: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...ml#post6390346

(Thus, it is quite ironic, given your predelictions, for you to make the following blanket statment in this post: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/6499314-post23.html)

You should also know that smoking of any kind lowers your immune system, although cigarette smoking is far more damaging that cigar or snuff use.

Third, as I had suspected, the hotel lost revenue due to your room switch and then evacuation.

Fourth, and finally, just because some others have posted their unhappiness over their rooms or service at the PM does not make that hotel a hell-hole, nor does it validate your problems. There are just as many, if not more, positive reviews of that property and the service provided by same to cause one to discount the individuals who have voiced complaints about same.

I wish you luck in your endeavors to have AMEX reverse the charges and I don't see why they won't inasmuch as you charge over $2 million dollars a year to that card. They would be penny wise and pound foolish were they not to believe you since you are such a great customer of theirs.