FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Various questions about points/nights for multiple rooms [Merged threads]
Old Mar 1, 2002, 5:06 am
socrates
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TUFBEAR:
I had 8 rooms that I reserved & paid for when my daughter got married in Colorado Springs a few years ago, all booked under my MR#. It was a fight for about 3 months, and they probably got tired of hearing from me & credited all the points. Only received two nights credit however, for a two night stay---makes sense. At that time the debate was that I should only receive the points for two (2) rooms, not all eight (8). My beef, and they kind of understood, was that I also paid for everyones meals. The total, as I recall, was about $2,500.00. As mentioned above, it depends who you talk to, as to what they will waive, as far as rules are concerned. But I wouldn't take anything to the bank, relying on my past experiences. Just thought of something else---When you check-in and you don't put multiple rooms on your own CC, sometimes they will re-register the additional room (rooms) in the other cardholders name & remove your MR#. You may ask them to put all the rooms on one bill, under your name, and charge it all to your card. But, most of the time they will tell you that each room must be billed individually.

[This message has been edited by TUFBEAR (edited 02-28-2002).]
</font>
Not sure why they are telling you most rooms must be billed seperately....at Marriott/Renaissance hotels it's quite easy to set up the computer to post all charges for the additional rooms to your room...in the future try asking for the charges from those rooms to be "routed" to your room (hope this helps)