FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Downgraded food and service in business class
Old Oct 29, 2009, 10:35 am
sfpaul900

Originally Posted by Guava
You know trouble when you smell it. Now that NH F cabin will be swamped with UA cheapos using MP miles, we can kiss quality service and food on NH F goodbye for a while. No, I don't think it will ever get quite as bad as the prison matron class or UA staff lounge class as in UA Int'l F, still this will not be the same NH F that many of us wrote about in the years past.
Gorsh. And ah wuz lookin' fo'ward to drivin' mah tractor raht upta th' gate on mah upcomin' first class flaht to the OH-ree-ent.

Guava: what were those snarky comments supposed to mean? Over the years my partner and I have flown 2 round-trip JFK-NRT in F on UA miles. We always wear business suits (easier than packing them), keep our feet off the furniture, don't slurp our soup, and don't steal the silverware or break the china.

And as for your downright nasty comment re:UA, I just flew SIN-NRT on UA (in XF, low-class trailer trash that I am) and asked your so-called 'matron' for a bottle of water before takeoff as I had recently gotten over a cold and was still having trouble with my ears. Not only did she get me a huge bottle of water, she kept coming by all through the flight to see how I was feeling, bring me hot tea, and generally fuss over me. If that's 'prison class', then lock me up!