FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AAdvantage Gold & Platinum Elite Status Challenges 2004 - 2011
Old Oct 27, 2009, 8:38 pm
dstan
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by jiejie
Called the AA desk last night and put forward this issue and whether the currency of purchase--officially, in Chinese yuan--would scuttle the whole ticket for application towards a Challenge. Rep I got thought it was no problem but went away and checked with a supervisor, who said that the ticket segments on AA metal absolutely WOULD COUNT towards a challenge, and that as long as the ticket was on AA stock, AA flight numbers on AA metal (or AA codeshare on partners) and other normal conditions of the Challenge were met, this ticket absolutely would work. Also that the method of buying the ticket, currency etc, shouldn't make a difference--except that unpublished and consolidator-type tickets, Priceline, etc. wouldn't work.

So, I'm not sure what to think, based on this info vs. Argen-Tina's fiasco. Assuming there isn't some other circumstance in A-T's situation that negated the ticket applicability. I haven't pulled the trigger on the Challenge yet, as I have a little more time to think and can make a decision in November. It's likely that by Dec 31, I could make alternatively make Gold on EQM, with a little bit of domestic flying in the US in Dec. Platinum--no way I can get BIS EQM by Dec 31 even with DBLEQ promo. If I go with the Challenge, I'll report back later what happens on getting credited or no.
I'd suggest calling again and, assuming you get the same positive answer, see if you can get it confirmed in writing before or when you sign up for the Challenge. It would certainly be great to get this clarified, so thanks for reporting in!