FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina (San Diego) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Oct 26, 2009, 8:03 pm
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by musikdude
I am actually staying before the promo starts. I called the hotel and they said they should be able to get me into a regency club floor king or a corner room on another floor(with regency club access of course). Is this corner room a "corner suite" as advertised on the hotel's page or just a normal room on a corner?

There are a few waterfront suites listed on the website as well. Would these be better? and would I get one of these if I used my upgrade certificate??
I am a huge fan of this hotel.They have always gone the extra mile for me when I have requested a particular room or suite if at all possible.
The difference between a suite and a regular room here is marginal IMO
Yes a suite feels a little bit more spacious however the desk takes up most of that extra space.
Of course it also looks visually nicer and it adds a few extra windows to thew room
The good news is you can't go wrong with either the room or the suite here.

What makes both the room and the suites magical here are the terraces with great views.They make the rooms and suites seem more exciting then what they really are.If a suite is really important to you by all means confirm one with your confirmable Diamond GP banked upgrades.If it isn't that important I find the hotel reasonably trustworthy to honor the request if available at the time of check in