FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott-family hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (thru Oct. 2018) [Merged threads]
Old Aug 13, 2001, 3:30 pm
detjason

I have found all of theses postings fascinating. Namely, how so many people can have a different experience and opinion of the same location. If I didnt know better, I would think that there are TWO Marriott Marquis in Manhattan and none of us has figured it out yet.

I guess the bottom line is what you expect to get out of your trip. For me, I was in NYC for 3 days. Although it was for business, the first 2 1/2 days I had to myself. It was my first time in NYC and I was overwhelmed with it all. Although I toured all of Manhattan, it felt like Times Square was ground zero.

If I had to wait longer for one of the 12 elevators, I didnt notice because of the extraordinary view from the elevator of the 48 story atrium. If it took me longer to get to the street, I may used this extra time to look out the windows at all the neon signs.

Bottom line, if you are not in a race, want to see the heart of NYC, enjoy people watching and want to be within walking distance of dozens of attractions and restaurants, you may want to consider this hotel.