FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - theWit Chicago - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel {US-IL}
Old Oct 26, 2009, 12:15 am
omegadeal

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
I checked into The Wit this evening. Here are my thoughts / additions based on the above comments:

Pros:

* Given breakfast coupons without having to ask
* Breakfast voucher is good for $17 credit in the restaurant (not available for room service)
* Nice flat screen TV (50"?)
* TV has multimedia inputs on desk (SVGA, RCA, HDMI, etc.)
* Clock radio has iPod input
* Nice modern decor (seems a lot like W)
* Lobby wasn't crowded at all this Sunday night when checking in at 9PM. In fact, I was the only one there. Perhaps the popularity of the roof bar has subsided.
* It looks like they turned one elevator into an express elevator for roof bar patrons to use. It has its own buttons, etc. and doesn't go to the other floors. The other elevators have card key access, but it wasn't turned on this evening.
* Nice gym
* High tech theme with touch screen IP phones, etc.

Cons:

* No upgrade as diamond, even though plenty of upgraded rooms were showing on the website as available. I didn't bother to argue, but since I'm staying 5 nights an upgrade would have been nice.

* 3 Tiers of internet service ($10 / $15 / $19) I use an aircard, so it doesn't apply to me, and this may not be a con to some people as a $10 option isn't too bad.

* Working area / desk is a bit small.

* I wonder if the hotel is using some type of IPTV system given its high tech theme. On some of the channels I see stuttering on the video frames, and others the video / audio is about .25 seconds out of sync, which doesn't make programs unwatchable, but makes it feel like you are watching an overdubbed foreign film.

Based on the fire map it looks like XX01 / XX02 / XX18 are the best rooms.

Last edited by omegadeal; Oct 26, 2009 at 12:23 am