FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Mustika Jogyakarta / Jogjakarta / Yogyakarta, Java Indonesia [Master Thread]
Old Oct 24, 2009, 7:41 pm
NYCWahoo

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, NYC MTA Gold, AA EXP
I also stayed in early Aug 09--probably same time as JohnSIN.

I don't want to be too harsh, lol, I used points to stay and I can comfortably say this property was a good value. Only other international chain is Hyatt and not much options for dinning in town. If you don't have a high expectation this property is a good place to be based out to see central Java.

Overall, staff's English is not that good and few confusions through out our stay. However, the effort was there and everyone was very friendly.

Highlights: Car service, we hired a car through hotel to go to Borobudur for a day. After seeing the temple we asked our driver to drive us to Amanjiwo for lunch. I think this is a good way to see/feel luxury without paying Amanjiwo's price. For 7hr we paid $35 USD. Unlike JohnSIN's experience, the spa was really good. Probably the best massage I have received for $20.
Also, please go have a dinner on the ground of and see the dance show at the Hindu temple that begins with "P" (sorry, just can't think of the name)

The prayer did wake up my friends at 430 but the roosters screaming all morning long from the neighbor's property was more annoying.