FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI
Old Oct 24, 2009, 2:23 am
Smart Shopper

What would I do if I like to take advantage of FFN and BRG?

Originally Posted by El_Duderito
... Hyatt BRG T&Cs seem to have too many loopholes ...
Hyatt guarantees to provide the lowest on-line bookable rate for room reservations at Hyatt Hotels available to the general public on the Internet and their T&C are quite specific: The rate you found on booking.com was a “Competitive Rate” in their terms and Hyatt’s Best Rate Guarantee Representative was wrong.

Reading NJ Up in the Air’s experiences, I don’t know if he gave me a chance to close the deal, but I had act differently. Here is why:

If I like to stay at a Hyatt property on a weekend in December to earn FFN and choose Miami as my place to be, I would stay at HR Peer 66, HR Miami and HR Bonaventure. Your $ 70 Rate at HP MIA was a great catch (Hyatt Daily Rate: $ 149) I had missed (there is still one room available at the time of writing this entry). I had booked one Friday and one Sunday night at Hyatt.com and had asked Hyatt’s Best Rate Guarantee Representative to make appropriate adjustments to my rate (= $ 56). If s/he had refused to honour my claim, I had asked him/her about he name and made it clear, that one of HP brand feature is to offer daily complimentary continental breakfast. If I was still unsuccessful, I had asked to transfer me to a supervisor. If necessary, Consumer Affairs came into play.

I always like to solve issues and not create difficulties: To book three different reservations for a three night stay I never intend to use under this given circumstances and to ask to book (three separate reservations??) one stay with reference to three reservations I made (please remember: The Hyatt Best Rate Guarantee Representative will go to the web site where the lower rate was found and ensure it is for the same terms and conditions as the Hyattsummerfieldsuites.com, HyattPlace.com or Hyatt.com rate and for the same length of stay. If the claim qualifies, they will apply the 20% discount.) might spin the wheel to an off topic spot.

Why don’t make it plain & simple?