FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Travel Packages
View Single Post
Old Apr 30, 2001, 2:47 pm
KathyP

THe Marriott rewards rep I spoke to today was extremely nice and very knowledgeable (he didn't have to keep putting me on hold to check for answers). He stated very clearly that hotel cets ordered under the old 713, 714 etc. programs CANNOT be renewed or extended since those awards are going away. If you return the hotel portion of a 713 you get 50,000 points credited back, If you return both 10 day hotel certs under the 714 they will credit you back exactly 106,250 points for returning both certs. Now I have a question. dhacker states that Marriott will not deposit more than 60,000 miles per person (120,000 for 713 reward) no matter what. Are you sure about this? According to the American AIrlines Advantage chart it takes 65,000 FF miles for a "Plan Ahead Coach Seat" to Japan. That is as few FF miles as you can get away with unless you want to be put in a crate in the baggage compartment. Are you sure that if you tell Marriott that you are going to Japan on Maserican they will only give you 120,000 FF miles???