FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Desert Springs JW Marriott Resort & Spa [Master Thread]
Old Feb 25, 2001, 5:04 am
ROADRUNNER

Location: WILD ANIMAL PARK (SAN), CA> GOLD-CO, MARRIOTT, HH, STARWOOD, HYATT,
The Westin Mission Hills was right across Gerald Ford drive from my home. About 5 years ago or so, it was bought by a Mexican corporation of some sort. They had had a very good restaurant and many locals went there. It was one of the few places, that I had a 'favorite' waiter, who clued me in on the changes that occured. But like so many things, it changed with the NEW management, who were rather arrogent and indifferent to the consummer. Prices went up and quality down on the food service. Serving staff was not at all happy, since they lost a lot of their regular customers. I haven't been back! If it changed in the last few years, I don't know. But it was a regular stop in the early 1990's, before the clientel changed to more 'international'! I often wondered if there was a Mexican Mafia? Or if one of the 10 richest families from Mexico were involved in that purchase?

Golfing is the name of the game there.

Even the Desert Springs remodeled their Terrace restaurant, and upgraded the prices. That used to be another nice place for regulars. But there are TOO many places in town with better food at reasonable prices.