FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Grand Hotel Flora Rome, Italy [Master Thread]
Old Jan 4, 2001, 7:46 pm
GG

mauld: the train fare from FCO depends on which train. The nonstop to the Stazione Centrale is about 16,000 lira pp (was about $8 a year ago). That's the most expensive. The local is quite a bit cheaper, but not so easy - we don't think any of the information is in English. But keep in mind that you then have to get to your hotel from the train station, which could easily double the cost.

"Do you have to buy your ticket prior to boarding?" Yes, but the kiosk's right there.

An (honest) taxi/limo is supposed to cost about $50, maybe more with luggage charges. No first hand knowledge. I'd probably go that way next time - those overnight flights seem to hit me harder than they used to.

Library Dragon's got a good starting point - there's lots of info on the web, which I'm sure you know already. What I've found difficult about web info is how to evaluate it. By all means, hit the web, and come back here for feedback on what you've learned. We'll be thrilled to impart our wisdom!
(I'm pretty new to FT, but I'm having a ball, learning lots, and really pleased when I can pass along knowledge I have. I'll be the neo again on the PiP 2001 topic - noticed that you're planning on that excursion. It's sooo-o-o-o tempting... )

[This message has been edited by GG (edited 01-04-2001).]