FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wiki/Reviewi For TYN 90K Fixed Redemption Strategies
Old Oct 22, 2009, 10:23 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by susieling
Early in Feb, I booked my TYP ticket with UA for a flight in Dec , and I just got a schedule change email. I remember someone said that if I cancel now to get a voucher, I could avoid the $150 fee because of the schedule change? Is it an official rule? I can't find it on UAL.com ....

Also, is that right there is no e-voucher / e-credit with UA and I need to go to airport to cancel the ticket to get a paper voucher (if I don't want the voucher to be mailed)?

Thanks a lot!
Unless you immediately rebook something (may be a throw-away?), you would risk to have the refund sent back to TYN because in general airlines can only return the fund with change fee waived, to the ORIGINAL FORM OF PAYMENT.

If you rebook some actual trip or throw-away, and UA agree to waive the change fee due to schedule change, the balance will be sent to you.

AFAIK, UA does not do e-voucher on this type of voucher in the past. It is a paper voucher that you either get it at the spot at the airport, or get it mailed to you if you do phone ticketing instead.