FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott
View Single Post
Old May 10, 2001, 3:44 pm
Dugernaut
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Trip report Waikiki Beach Marriott – April 2001

This came on the end of our trip to Kauai, and we booked two nites here under the introductory rate of $139.00. Marriott recently acquired this property, and they have done complete renovations of the rooms, although the common areas leave a little bit to be desired. At check-in, a very nice young lady checked me in with my Marriott Visa and Gold rewards card, while my wife spoke with the concierge for info and dining recommendations. I asked if any upgrades were available, and after some keystrokes we were upgraded to a very large beautiful corner room on the 20th floor overlooking Waikiki Beach. The room furnishings were brand new and very contemporary. The bed was not a “feather top “, but it was outstanding!

The room was really the highlight of the hotel. The main floor is full of shops that catered primarily in my opinion to the Japanese tourists. There was an ABC store for snacks and trinkets. The hotel had several places to dine, but none of them seemed to have anyone in them. We ate off premises. The concierge staff was very helpful, but not nearly as knowledgeable as the ones we had encountered in Kauai. I would recommend this hotel for the price if you have a short stay over in Honolulu. It could have been a newly refurbished Marriott just about anywhere.

-Duger