FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Visa Requirements?
View Single Post
Old Oct 22, 2009, 4:14 am
troyb

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
New Visa Requirements?

Hi,

I am currently in India on a Business Visa. I switched hotels this morning and upon checking in, I was informed by the manager that I will need to leave the country by October 31. I was extremely surprised to hear this, but I reviewed the letter from the government myself, and it is very clear that foreigners on Business Visas must leave by then.

Upon doing some research with my Indian colleague, it seems that the guidelines for Business Visas have changed and now are only valid for certain cases, such as starting a new business / joint venture. For my consulting work, I would need an Employment Visa. Shouldn't be difficult to get, but still somewhat annoying.

Does anyone have any information on this? We have reached out to the consulate as well as our own travel department, but I am looking for all the details I can get my hands on. I was already scheduled to leave on 10/31 (perhaps this is the reason why my flight is completely sold out), but was supposed to return several days later.

-Troy