FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge access - Quick question - arriving in CW, onward in ET
Old Oct 21, 2009, 9:54 am
efincomputer

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by matthewuk
I know it's too late now and a bit 'after the event' but I do think an email to customer services in order. I was assured by them that 'everyone is trained now' but it seems not.
Its been a problem for years - Mrs Efin and I were denied access to the lounge at GLA when we were flying down to LHR (T4) for an onward flight to JFK in F (all a miles booking - Same PNR) back in November 2005. Unfortunatley Mrs Efin was getting too embarrased for me to press the point and i decided to leave it (given that we were shortly going to be enjoying the CCR at T4), but i wrote and complained to BA about it back then. It really IS appalling that they have any staff working in lounges who havent been properly trained - i mean it's hardly rocket science, and surely they could issue the lounge reception desks with a little crib sheet of the Oneworld rules to avoid embarrasing passengers like this.

Sorry your friend was denied access and put through the hassle and embarrasment of the whole thing.

Efin