FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott-family hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (thru Oct. 2018) [Merged threads]
Old Jan 30, 2001, 9:01 pm
ozstamps
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Question on Marriotts in Manhattan! Decision Time.

Excuse my ignorance of the Marriott properties in NYC, but this is the board to ask away at! I will need a 4 night stay at one of these March 22/26 for a Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sunday night. In town for general sightseeing and the Catman dinner etc, not to mention the 21,000 mile mileage run.

Someone I know has a few Marriott certs we may mutually 'gift' each other for some airline upgrade certs, and these properties all are applicable I am advised for their use. (In fact I may even need to pay ( ) for a room for one of the nights (which one?) as I think only 3 certs are on hand, or maybe someone here also has a spare for "gifting"!) If you were able to choose ANY of the properties below for a 4 night stay, and assuming I am only getting the 'Vanilla flavor' fairly basic room due to the fact of using certs, and no Marriott status, where would YOU opt for? (Altho I will of course be checking in using the patented © Rudi choccie tactic and hoping for the best for some kind of upgrade!) I am travelling with a ladyfriend, who wants to do the usual Empire State Building and tourist stuff, catch a show on Broadway etc, so midtown area generally I guess is best location wise? Seventh and Broadway sounds about where the Sheraton Manhattan is where I have mostly stayed?

What would be helpful is if someone knows the comparative rack rates for these places, as that is always instructive .. to a point! Maybe there are decent weekend deals to buy rooms, as March is hardly peak season - I really do not know.

And as many of you are awash with Marriott points from the drip-feed LatinPass deal transfers and if there is a "gifting" way with United stuff to cover a 4 night weekend stay, lets hear about it please. And anyone in town that weekend that wants to catch up for a drink or meal, please contact me.

NY Marriott Marquis, 1535 Broadway
NY Marriott East Side, 525 Lexington Ave.
NY Marriott Financial Center, 85 West St.
Marriott World Trade Center, 3 World Trade Center
Renaissance NY, Seventh & Broadway

------------------
~ Glen ~

[This message has been edited by ozstamps (edited 01-30-2001).]