FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pre-2019 - Marriott-family hotels in Tokyo, Japan
Old Jan 25, 2001, 8:26 pm
JohnnyGlobal

Programs: UA Gold, DL Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Hertz PC
The New Otani Tokyo is a very nice property. Not cheap, but excellent service and typically nice, Japanese style rooms. There are rooms in a lower-rise building and Tower. Maybe someone else can tell us the difference.

Go to their website and join the New Otani Club for free. Gets you some nice extras (breakfast with many room rates, which in Tokyo, is a nice savings). There's also a special check-in area and maybe an upgrade to a better room.

Also, when I registered in the Fall, there was a special deal with United that got me extra miles. And, I might mention, the New Otani always seems to have nice arrangements with the airlines in terms of miles credited to your frequent flyer account. Check out their website.

As far as Marriott is concerned, it's 1,000 points PER NIGHT. Not a bad deal, but even a heavily discounted room at the New Otani can be costly (but certainly on par with similar properties in Tokyo). I do not believe that these stays count toward status with Marriott elite levels.

If you have a ton of money burning a hole in your pocket, or if your company loves to through money around, then check out the Park Hyatt Tokyo. Very nice property.

Anyone know anything about the Renaissance in Tokyo?

(Edited for REALLY bad spelling tonight)

[This message has been edited by JohnnyGlobal (edited 01-25-2001).]