FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Consolidated Wild Card Thread
View Single Post
Old Oct 19, 2009, 7:39 am
Tuneman1984

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Originally Posted by jackal
Very nice! I got a Mustang V6 convertible at CLT few years ago and wasn't all that impressed. I didn't know Thrifty had any V8s kicking around! That'd make a world of difference.

Be sure to post your speeding ticket count!

(The first thread has been updated.)
The difference between the two is night and day...

The V6 sounds like a tractor, not surprising considering it's the same engine that made it's debut in the Ford Aerostar. The Modular V8 has a much more throaty sound, and is way better suited to the Mustang. I understand the need for Mustang to have an economy model, but a nicer, more powerful V6 (like the 3.5 litre from the current Taurus/Lincolns) would be nice.

I got a GT coupe for the week from National in Toronto this past summer. It's a wonder I didn't get nailed for speeding, especially with Ontario's FEROCIOUS excess speed laws. If you're caught at more than 50 km/h over the posted limit, you get a fine of $2,000-$10,000 and can face having your license and/or car confiscated for up to 7 days. Officers have discretion to impose that at roadside too.