FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Accor/ ALL: experiences with best price guarantee
Old Oct 18, 2009, 8:18 am
pcg2001

Programs: A|Club Gold, HHonors Silver, TAP Miles winner
Accor/ ALL: experiences with best price guarantee

Since tis matter was raised in a previous post, I thought I should start this thread and share some of my recent accor experience. I normally book Ibis hotels when visiting Europe, and have decided to test the BPG of Accor. They claim this is a reason to book with them.

I have made a few trials with that and despite the fact that I found cheaper prices elsewhere, the price garantee was always turned down. I even found a cheaper price with breakfast and they claimed this was a different rate from the one I had booked (which did not include breakfast) because of the breakfast, and they do not give lowest price guarantee for "packages".

In another instance, I had booked a cancellable rate and on another website found another rate that was cancellable as well, but with a different deadline. I know that these are not technically the same, but honoring the "spirit" of the price guarantee would go a long way towards gaining loyal customers.

This is frustrating because basically accor sells rooms to third parties and these offer lower rates than accor. Assuming third parties do not make a loss, and accor would not sell the rooms to them at a loss either, I find it hard ot undrstand why accor does not honor the price guarantee without turning to little schemes like "packages" and slightly different deadlines.

I know that this post could read any-other-hotel-chain best price guarantee (with the honorable exception of Marriott). But perhaps others can share positive experiences with the price guarantee.