FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Grand Arabellapark, Munich / München, Germany [Master Thread]
Old Oct 14, 2009, 5:37 pm
aussiechris

Well done Westin Grand

I have just finished a 2 day stay here in an Executive Room on the 19th floor.
This was my first stay since the hotel was rebranded the Westin Grand from the Arabella Sheraton Grand in the middle of last year.
My room was modern , clean,and well equipped and I had a most enjoyable stay.
The hotel was full and at check in they mentioned that it was full for the next 10 days with a Medical Congress and various conferences.
One of the first things I noticed was the high staff level and how well the Hotel was running. My bags were once again waiting in my room for me when I entered. I had the same very pleasant woman check me in in the seperate Exec Club check in area past normal reception.
I had breakfast in the Lounge on the 21st floor on the first morning of my stay.At 10AM later that very morning the Lounge closed and will reopen on the 22nd/23rd ?? floor as a 2 level lounge in possibly March 2010.(Exec Floors are 19,20,21 and 22)
On the 2nd morning, in lieu of the Lounge not being open I had free buffet breakfast in Zen that was very good and once again well staffed.I was also given 2 vouchers for coffee and cake in the foyer during my stay along with a complimentary large bottle of gassed mineral water in my room.
Bed was very comfortable and my floor very quiet indeed given the conference chaos going on down stairs.
It was easy getting to Marienplatz for shopping via the U4 line at Arabellapark just a short walk away.
Looking forward to a return visit soon.

Last edited by aussiechris; Oct 14, 2009 at 5:47 pm Reason: spelling