FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Istanbul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 8, 2004, 6:24 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pdb:
I have never stayed at the Hyatt Istanbul, but I did stay the the Ciragan Palace a couple of years ago and was very impressed--with its view overlooking the Bosphorus, it's gorgeous facilities, and its staff. As I plan to be traveling to Istanbul, this year, I'd appreciate knowing how you would rate the Hyatt comparatively. Thanks in advance. </font>
I am a Diamond member at Hyatt and a Leaders Club member in regard to Ciragan Palace, so that may have impacted my experience. If the Ciragan Palace was a 9.4/10.0, the Hyatt would be a 8.9/10.0. What impressed me was that the Hyatt actually gave me personal hotel stationary with my name pre-printed on it and a little gift that I could take home. The Hyatt is a modern hotel, the Ciragan Palace is a classic, unique property. Service at both is very good although I find the Ciragan Palace far more lively and better for hosting guests/visitors. I would say the Hyatt is a great value. The Ciragan you get what you pay for and then some.