FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis Bali Resort, Bali, Indonesia [Master Thread]
Old Oct 9, 2009, 4:04 am
stephem

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
How is the hotel with little ones?
I am not too experienced yet (this is our first resort stay with our little one), but overall i'd give it a thumbs up...

Good flat walking paths- can get the stroller from the room to the beach (and then all around the villas) with no steps.

Staff are very helpful, dare I say they LOVE babies. This one of things that I really like about SE Asia, family, in particular little babies, are really cherished. Staff will push the baby stroller around when we are eating a meal and she starts stirring, they also come over and play with her when I go down without my wife for breakfast early in the morning.

there arent a ton of kids here (well there really arent a ton of anyone here!), but there are a few, and generally people seem to bring their kids everywhere (even to the nicer restaurant at the beach).

Haven't used it, but they have a babysitting service through the concierge.

On another note, the food is very good at the restaurant down on the beach and it's a great layout with open kitchen (hard to believe you are right on the beach). There was a complaint earlier in the thread about things being really expensive. I'd say the deli is ok, roughly $15 for 2 really tasty sandwhiches at lunch. Overall, I thought it was a good deal compared to the Grand Hyatt down the road where things were equally pricey yet not very good. (you can take a taxi for $1.50 out to the shopping area and buy snacks if you really want to avoid the resort prices).