FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coolum, Australia REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - NO LONGER HYATT 3/29/12
Old Aug 1, 2003, 11:30 am
ranles
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
Julia

Thank you again for coming thru for me and the mrs's. I appreciate your participation on this board, as I am sure many other do.

This is the last property in Australia, operated by Hyatt, for us to visit. All of the areas we have left to see in Australia is devoid of major chains.

I would have asked you these questions directly, but because of our lack of stays this year and some of last year (no Hyatt in London and my wife's eye surgery) we did not feel we were do the special Diamond treatment, although still having that designation. It sounds like the Ambassador Club is the equivalent of RC at Coolum? We will have to see how "lucky" we get on our four night stay starting 2SEP.

As there was a dirth of replies to this post, your response may help jazz up occupancy. The property broshure, "Your Own Space" tells the story of a fantastic property. It also provides a great deal of information on the area, weather, things to do and places to visit. Although somewhat dated, it answered all our questions, except for the Diamond issue addressed in this post.

Coming from Brisbane, we intend to stop at the Australia Zoo (home of the famous crocidile man, Steve Irwin who we have met). Then we expect to visit the Underwater World, Big Pineapple, a free day and Forest Glen Sanctury on the way back.

For those who have not been to the area, there is much more to see North on to Caines as well as days of activity down on the Gold Coast, yet another Hyatt location (Sanctuary Cove). One with a RC and a wonderful staff.