FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - suggestions for a 4th trip to Japan?
View Single Post
Old Oct 8, 2009, 1:41 am
cwerdna

Originally Posted by jib71
Maybe find out if Honda, Subaru and .... um .... Mitsubishi ... offer factory tours. And don't forget Daihatsu.
Once you've worked your way through the major OEMs, you could start on the tier 1 suppliers. Denso, for example.
LOL! Uh... I think out of the bunch, I would see Honda and Denso, if I could. The others, I'm not so interested in.

Originally Posted by abmj-jr
So, out of a week you will be in Tokyo at least 2 to 3 days. That means 4 +/- days for elsewhere. Can we assume you will be flying in AND out of Japan via NRT? That makes a difference in our suggestions. In through NRT and out through KIX or NGO would make for different ideas.
Yes to both. I do plan to fly in and out of Narita but could alter plans a bit, if needed (e.g. in NRT and out of KIX). I knew about KIX but never have been there. I didn't even know about NGO and have never taken a domestic flight in Japan, yet.

Oh yeah, I definitely plan to revisit Akihabara, esp. Yodobashi Camera (not so much for cameras as I'm a total amateur but rather for its other electronics) and most likely the Sony showroom. I'll also be seeking out a fancy Nissan showroom I heard about it. IIRC, it's not that far from their tiny showroom/office in Ginza. (I own a Toyota and Nissan, so anything related to those two automakers is a plus. )

Oh yeah, I've also been to the Nikko, Tokyo Stock Exchange, Meiji Shrine and the Daibutsu I went to was in Kamakura, not Nara. I've not visited Nara yet. I liked checking out some of the high end department stores in Ginza and liked Tokyu Hands in Shinjuku.

If I could get a tour of some electronics factory, that'd be great!

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Let me look into them.

Last edited by cwerdna; Oct 9, 2009 at 1:08 am Reason: added Nikko