FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - suggestions for a 4th trip to Japan?
View Single Post
Old Oct 7, 2009, 8:59 pm
cwerdna

Question suggestions for a 4th trip to Japan?

I haven't had a chance to read thru the threads here but I'm looking for suggestions if I decide to go on a 4th trip to Japan which will be late October/early November. If I go, it'll be maybe a week total but I intend to spend 2 or 3 days at Tokyo Motor Show (been to it in 03 and 05). Been to Tokyo Game Show once.

My previous trips to Japan have been in 01, 03 and 05.

From memory, I've already been to these places below so I'm looking for other suggestions.
- Tokyo: Akihabara, Asakusa, Ginza, Tokyo Tower, Imperial Palace [not inside], Tokyo Metropolitan Govt building, Shinjuku area, stayed in Shinagawa and Ikebukuro before, Odaiba including the Toyota Megaweb, Sony showroom
- Kyoto (Golden Pavilion, Kyoto Station, Jishu? and maybe another shrine/temple or two)
- Osaka briefly
- Yokohama (Chinatown, on a cruise on the river?)
- Hiroshima including Peace Memorial Park and the museum
- Nagoya briefly
- Hakone (did the loop including the gondola and boat)
- Kamakura
- Daibutsu
- Taken the Shinkansen to get between some of the above cities
- Mazda (in Hiroshima), Nissan (in Oppama) and Toyota (in/around Toyota City) factory tours

So, I'm looking for other suggestions of places to go. I'm honestly not that much of an outdoorsy person nor much into art. I'm more of a car and technology guy but have interest in Japanese culture.