FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt San Francisco REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 1, 2003, 1:46 am
SoCalPLT

Just stayed at the Grand Hyatt SF. I had a Diamond upgrade cert. When I checked in I was told no suites so they bumped me to Regency Club. West view, not too exciting. DSL connection. The next morining I called the front desk and asked if any suites had become available. I was told one had overlooking Union Sq (South). Went to change rooms. Suite was regular room with adjoining parlor room. Not very special. Then I noticed no DSL connection. Called the front desk and was told they had one other suite available, the Penthouse Suite. JACKPOT! The suite took up the area of a total of 3 hotel rooms, 2 made up the living/dining room and den. One was the king bedroom with extra large bathroom. Furniture was very nice with dimmer switches on all the ceiling lights. Wet bar, VCR, CD and stereo. One drawback was the stereo and speakers were in a cabinet inside a closet, so you had to leave the doors open when you wanted to listen to music. Its sort of odd to be entertaining in such a lavish suite and have the closet and cabinet doors open in the middle of the living room. You'd think they would have set the speakers outside the closet. Did I mention the view? From the TA Tower to Alcatraz and beyond. SPECTACULAR! I would reccomend the NORTH side of the building. Suite 3403.