FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt San Francisco REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old May 12, 2003, 2:17 pm
fly co to see the yanks
Suspended

stayed this past weekend. i have been a platinum in Starwood's Preferred Guest program for a couple of years. but, i bid a very low rate and "won" the grand hyatt. for my two nights i stayed for less than one night at the Palace, where i was originally planning to stay. i think i bid $59'ish per night.

checked in via 800-check-in. was originally given a room on the third floor. after reading flyertalk, i called back and requested a higher floor. i was switched to a room on the 25th floor.

when i arrived, i requested a room facing north per comments on flyertalk. i was told at the front desk that i was facing west and that west was the "most requested" direction. got to the room and there was not much of a view. oh well. it was late and i was tired.

the only things that struck me were that the room was small (which was fine for my rate) and that the bath towels were tiny and thin. i couldn't believe how small the bath towels were. my gym gives bigger towels. and, they were so thin i could almost read a newspaper through them. yuck. not sure if they use unbelievably cheap towels so that people won't steal them at this presumably tourist property. who knows?

otherwise, GREAT location.

[This message has been edited by fly co to see the yanks (edited 05-12-2003).]