FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 1, 2002, 12:00 pm
Tenacious

I can't imagine this stay being any better than it was. Upon check-in I was told I had been upgraded to a Regency Club level (private key), 22nd (top) floor, ocean view room. Desk agent said this was normally $630 ( I am a Hyatt Diamond). I was asked to provide a copy of my Priceline receipt ($65/nite) and was told it looked like I made quite a deal! I was going to try and use a suite upgrade coupon (even though it was not valid at resorts), but I was reluctant after all this. Just a note, prior to my stay I called the hotel directly to request the Regency Club floor and a second time to confirm. The staff at the Regency Club and throughout the hotel could not have been more accommodating and made sure I received my amenity gift and anything else I needed.
The Children's pool was still under construction, but, in my opinion, it was hardly a distraction. The remaining
pool area is so large that it was more than enough for the guests. The waterfall and swim-up grotto bar were open and operating.
We took a day trip to Kauai to see the Grand Slam of Golf (Tiger Woods, et al) and visited the Hyatt Regency Kauai. What a beautiful property! It was the first time I had seen it, but I feel Maui has a little more activity. It's all a question of preferences. By the way, I used a 5,000 mile UA award on Aloha Airlines for the airfare to Kauai, which I feel is a good value.
Previous posts about this hotel have detailed the various amenities, so I won't repeat. There is a production of
Tony n' Tina's Wedding currently showing, but I did not attend. (info on link below)
In closing, this stay was terrific in every way, and I plan on staying at the Hyatt Regency Maui again next year.
I can only hope for this kind of deal!!!

Hotel Website: http://maui.hyatt.com/property/index.jhtml