FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Paris - Park Vendome - REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD - 2000 to 8/2011
Old Oct 22, 2002, 3:10 pm
francophile

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
I've always been confused by how the price distribution of the hotel market in Paris. On the one hand, you have hotels like the Le Crillon, Le Bistrol, Hotel Meurice, Le Ritz, Four Seasons Le George V, and Le Plaza Athιnιe that charge €500 for a standard room. This price is in line with the luxury hotels in other major cities like Tokyo, New York and London.

But Paris is different from these three cities in that it has a lot of luxury hotels, and then it has a lot of upscale hotels charging around €200 to €300. But there aren't too many hotels charging €300 to €450. So what I'm trying to say is that their is a noticeable lack of deluxe hotels which are priced between the upscale and the luxury.

Am I wrong on this one?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by peter42:
(but with € 32 way to expensive)</font>
€32 for breakfast sounds about right. Le Ritz charges €33 for a continental breakfast and €43 for an american breakfast.