FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GH Shanghai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 02, 10:18 pm
kv99

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt L/T Globalist, Bonvoy L/T Titanium :), HH Diamond, Amtrak Select Exec
I just stayed there this fall for 5 nights on awards, was upgraded to RC rooms on the 85th floor.

It's a beautiful hotel-- a little over the top but very, very enjoyable.

The hotel's in the Pudong New area so across the river from most of the action -- it's a pretty quick cab ride or subway ride, no problems there. Depends on which airport you're using -- it's one of the most convenient hotels for PVG (but still 45 min. away), less so for the old Hongqiao airport.

The rooms are not huge but have spectacular views, be sure to ask for one facing the Bund, it's an indescribable view to see the Oriental Pearl Tower below you and the Bund across the river. Stunning!!

The Regency Club on the 87th floor is great w/free internet access, make sure you check out the gym and the pools -- again, a great view. I had dinner at the Italian restaurant one night and the main Chinese restaurant another night -- nothing special, but food and service were both good.

The only downside, I got there after staying at the GH Hong Kong for 5 days, and while the general service level is excellent for mainland China, it's not as refined as the Hong Kong hotel.

Still, I highly recommend it. One of the best Hyatts I've stayed at.

Other Shanghai recs: Make sure you have dinner at M on the Bund one night -- unforgettable --and check out the jazz band at the Peace Hotel... Shanghai's an amazing city.