FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complimentary Upgrade Available But Not Clearing: Shouldn't I Have Gotten It Already?
Old Oct 4, 2009, 9:21 am
james318

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by ivanl3
I am Platinum level. I have a trip this coming Thursday morning from Phl --> Atl --> LAS. The ticket I hold is a coach fare (V,L,U,U). The first leg of the trip (Phl --> ATL) has cleared for first class. The second leg (L fare), however, has not. There are at least six (6) open seats in 1st class (I know this b/c my wife is already in 1st class so I can see the seating chart). There were the same number open of open seats in 1st class for the last 10 days so none cleared when we reached that 5-day window in which Platinum members are supposed to clear. This tells me that there were 0 seats eligible to be used for upgrade for Platinum customers when they hit their window. I have never seen this happen. I know I may still clear, but this is outrageous that there was not a single seat eligible for automatic Platinum upgrades.

Anyone have any insight here? Am I missing something?
Seat maps do not indicate actual seat availability. It's possible there are more seats sold in first that haven't yet selected a seat.

Also, if DL believes they can sell more seats in F for this flight prior to departure, they are going to hold them back for sale and not give them out.

And lastly, for more information, this type of subject is covered in depth here. A search may yield additional information.