FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old May 27, 2002, 7:27 am
Darren

It will cost around $5, and will take probably about 10 to 15 minutes. Go through immigration, outside and to the right, and there is a window where you will pay for a taxi ticket. All the prices are fixed from the airport. Pay for it, and someone will grab your luggage and pull you towards a taxicab that will go to your hotel. I know Kuta is $5 (in rupiah, of course), so Nusa Dua might be closer to $7.50.

Oh, and I would be at the airport an hour and a half early, or an hour *at the minimum*. This is Bali, where they operate on Balinese time, and things like immigration will take 5 times longer than in places like Tokyo and Hong Kong. And I do mean *leaving* as well as coming. There is a tax on departure of....75000 rupiah I think, so have some with you when you get there. It went up from 50k, and I think is 75k now. You will get access to a very nice shared lounge with a couple of computers, some decent food and drink, and with a very nice view of the ocean surrounding the airport. It is probably the nicest shared lounge I have been in for a long time.

Have fun.

[This message has been edited by Darren (edited 05-27-2002).]