FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mileage Runs turnarounds / turnabouts / transits:- Experiences please
Old Oct 3, 2009, 5:41 pm
A_Lee

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
BCN Turnaround on SQ

I did a SIN-BCN-SIN turnaround earlier this year, with the scheduled stop both ways in MXP. I did not have my return boarding pass on arrival at BCN. The plane into BCN was heavily delayed due to the need for deicing at MXP and a long queue of planes. At BCN, I followed the transit signs and when arrived at the transit point was told I couldn't get my boarding pass there, that they weren't setup to handle transit passengers such as myself without a boarding pass. So she called to SQ and one of their (contract?) employees rushed to the transit point with my boarding pass so I could proceed. She said they were aware of me doing a turnaround and were waiting for me when I deplaned. Being I wasn't expecting any staff to meet me at the plane, I wasn't paying attention so guess I missed any sign someone was holding up. Anyways, I didn't waste more than 10 minutes in doing what I did, but would have been much easier if I knew in advance to meet her as I deplaned.

After getting my boarding pass I visited the SQ contract lounge, which I didn't really care for and opted to go to the gate for some people watching as I waited for my departure.

The turnaround time is minimal at BCN, so no time to go through immigration and check-in again. It was nice to see how SQ looks after their customers and I'll have to keep in mind this trip on future SQ turnarounds.