FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Hotel Canberra - A Park Hyatt Hotel REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 17, 2002, 7:27 pm
Bostom

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AA 2 mm EXP, Citibank Platinum...
just left there after a five night stay. My advise is book somewhere else.

The entire hotel appears to be run down and room service took an hour and a half to get a hamburger to the room. It would have taken longer had I not gone to the duty manager and thrown a ****fit. Likewise the Oak Room (former signature restaurant) is gone leaving only the Promenade Cafe (buffet) as a place to eat.

Standards of cleanliness were appalling: our Regency Club room had food on the drapes and stains on the carpets. The enite newer portion of the hotel looks like it had water stains in the carpeting. The Regency Club ran hot and cold: some days/attendants better than others.

Dunno if your stay involves a weekend but hotel was (not surprisingly) overrun with kids due to school holidays. But noisy kids.
Weddings and a massive Friday afternoon happy hour/knees up filled the lobby with drunk revelers to the detriment of hotel guests.

The weakest Park Hyatt in the chain, bar none. Friends who live and work in Canberra were appalled - they'd been telling clients and friends to avoid it (as they had us) but I insisted, to my regret.

And did I tell you about the two full days of fire alarm testing? Noriega surrended with less noise. Called the desk to find out when it would end - they didn't know.

It was really terrible, particularly compared to the Park Hyatts in Melbourne and Sydney.