FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Kuantan - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Mar 16, 2002, 4:22 am
mario33
Suspended

Hyatt Kuantan - When an Upgrade is a Downgrade

Just returned from an unpleasant stay at the Hyatt Regency Kuantan.

I booked a Seaview room and under a certain promotion, I was supposed to get a room upgrade. I was upgraded to Regency Club but the "upgraded" room faces a staircase and side wall of another block,and not the sea!

My request to the Front Office Manager for a Regency Club Seaview room was turned down with the excuse that it was fully sold . When I told her that the Hyatt website clearly indicated that Regency Club Seaview rooms are still available, she actually said that the "staircase view" room is sold as a Seaview room !!!!

I dont mind not being upgraded but not to be treated like an ignorant fool expecting me to believe that a Staircase view room is actually a Seaview room !!

No point arguing with her, and I decided not to be "upgraded" as I dont want to face an old concrete staircase. My standard Seaview room has a panoramic view of the South China Sea but is small and run down with very basic furnishings,more like a 3 star resort.

Packed my bags the next morning and checked-out one day early with a complain note to the GM ,and never to step foot into another Hyatt.