FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mileage Runs turnarounds / turnabouts / transits:- Experiences please
Old Oct 2, 2009, 8:43 pm
A_Lee

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
LAX turnaround on TG

I've had one opportunity to experience a BKK-LAX-BKK turnaround. I know many of you would call me crazy for doing such a thing, but at least I know there's at least one (KiwiFlyer) who wouldn't think twice about doing something like this.

There was no problem in booking the ticket with just a couple hour turnaround at LAX. Boarded in BKK without my return boarding pass. Naturally I had no checked-in luggage (why would you in doing a turnaround). Quickly was out of immigration/security at LAX and to the TG check-in. Then a long wait in the security lines to get airside and into the *G lounge with plenty of time to spare. After a shower and something to eat, went to the gate only to learn that the flight was going to be significantly delayed and told it was best to return to the lounge. I was a bit worried about the time to be processed by immigration at LAX but everything turned out fine.