FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mileage Runs turnarounds / turnabouts / transits:- Experiences please
Old Oct 2, 2009, 8:26 pm
A_Lee

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
SGN Turnaround

I did a BKK-SGN-BKK turnaround on TG a while back and thought I'd post my experience. I got both my BKK-SGN and SGN-BKK boarding passes before boarding my outbound. On arrival at SGN, I followed the signs for transit passengers. The transit desk seemed very disorganized and it took a while to get someone's attention. After he saw my onward boarding pass, he waved me through. After passing through security, I was in the departure area in no time and made my way to the TG contract lounge, which wasn't so great and opted to leave after 5 minutes and walk around, looking at the shops, etc. If you don't have your onward boarding pass I imagine it could take a bit of time being how disorganized they seemed to be at the transfer desk. There was absolutely no issue in TG issuing me the onward boarding pass though. YMMV however. Of note, I was the only one at the gate in SGN with a standard TG boarding pass. Everyone else had the SGN issued boarding passes which are a bit different. In giving my boarding pass to the gate attendant, she did a double take, then separated the two parts and handed me the large part. I told her no, I was supposed to get the smaller part, but she insisted that was correct, so I didn't push the issue. I did though wonder if my miles would credit properly, but they did.

Last edited by A_Lee; Oct 3, 2009 at 5:33 pm