FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina (San Diego) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 26, 2001, 7:35 am
Beckles
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
When I stayed here a couple of years ago, it was a bit dated and worn, but it has its advantages:

1) No parking charges (you have to pay for parking at the downtown or LaJolla Hyatt, even self-parking)

2) Wonderful views from the tower (get a high floor, I prefer the ocean view).

3) You could buy attraction tickets from the concierge and charge them to your room (I really like this part, bought discounted Sea World and zoo tickets from the concierge, charged them to our room, got Hyatt Gold Passport points and was able to charge it to my Diners Club).

Guess I'm just not as picky as some folks, but after several Flyertalkers called the Hilton Portland a dump on a trip earlier this year (I stayed at the hotel during the same period), I take all such claims with a huge grain of salt.

Also, the Hyatt San Diego and LaJolla are both exceptional properties, putting the Islandia at somewhat of a disadvantage in comparison (but both properties also charge exceptional prices I've found).