FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Cancun Caribe (No Longer Hyatt) JOINT REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 11, 2002, 2:51 pm
romadaro

Programs: UA 1K, US LT Silver, AA Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold
My wife and I stayed at the Cancun Regency Christmas-New Years 2001 and it was horrible. The worst Hyatt stay I've ever had in terms of the property and the service. I wrote to Hyatt immediately afterward and finally received a full refund for the stay, plus an offer to stay at the property again for six nights at no charge (which I'll never use).

I've heard that the Caribe isn't much better, but have no experience at this property. I can tell you that the staffs seem to wrk at both properties-a half day here and a half day there. We called for fresh towels one evening and was told that the housekeeping person was at the Caribe and would be back in an hour. Two hours later, we still had no towels! When I confronted the GM the next morning, HE told me that they split their time between the two properties. If and when we return to Cancun, we will DEFINITELY NOT stay at one of the Hyatt properties.

[This message has been edited by romadaro (edited 01-11-2002).]