FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 8, 2002, 9:38 pm
ijkh

Programs: AS MVPG,
Now wait a minute! This is a hotel near and dear to my Bali loving heart. We always stay at the GBH in Nusa Dua after the long plane ride to Bali even if we just stopped over in SIN. This property has traditionally been cared for like a prize pony. I have never seen gardeners, cleaners and workers stop tending to this property. It is now aging in the tropics, not an easy thing to do. The food is not really much to rave about so go outside the hotel. I love their river pool. I love the adjustable humidity controls and the generally large rooms. Most of all they have traditionally been quite generous accepting UA 50% coupons making it a nice deal.

DO skip the Bali Hyatt in Sanur! It is dark, dank and has yucky mosquito infested grounds.
We stay here traditionally for a 4-5 days to acclimate before taking off to the more native homestay accomadations.

Yes it is not the Amankila but we frankly enjoyed our little unairconitioned rice field home stay as much as any.

Check out the Bali travel forum if you ever have any questions it is tops.

[This message has been edited by ijkh (edited 01-08-2002).]