FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Washington DC REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 27, 2001, 4:18 pm
LAX UA 1K

Programs: UA Plat-2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, Hyatt something
Grand Hyatt Washington DC REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

I'm very pleased with the Grand Hyatt in downtown DC. As a Diamond, they provide RC rooms or access and once I learned about the policy of offering suites, they granted that request without a problem. The regular rooms are nice, the health club is large, and you can enter Metro without going outside.

Note that turndown service is graciously provided if you request it by phone. Otherwise it is not standard.

The RC was recently closed for the Christmas season (starting around Dec 15) but they provided business plan instead on a $99 holiday rate, which included full breakfast for 2, health club, the 15 minute phone card, and free phone access charges.

The hotel is in a building with a commercial health club (not massive but more elaborate than a typical hotel club). RC and business plan (and Diamond members) get free access; others pay $6 per visit. I believe the hotel gets charged $6 for each comped visitor since I see the attendant writing down the charges every time I visit.

With the breakfast buffet at $27 for two and the health club at $12 for two, the benefits
provided during the RC closing were extremely nice. I still prefer the RC and will be happy when it reopens (not sure of the date).

Charles