FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kyoto - OCT 09 your advice
View Single Post
Old Oct 2, 2009, 12:28 pm
no-backpacker

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Flying Blue Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
I don't know if this is too late either, but I LOVE Japan. I came back from Tokyo two weeks ago and all I want to do is to go back again. I didn't go to Kyoto this time, but was in Kyoto 2,5 years ago. As everybody else said, it is safe to be a woman alone in Japan. 2,5 years ago I found it very difficult to find clothing for me, a size M, but this time, it looked like it was easier, although I didn't buy anything....

If you are interested in Makeup and beauty-products Shiseido and Kanebo is from Japan and they have their own Japanese names. I don't remember the names, but you will find it. Lunasol is Kanebo's makeup in Japan. Very nice!

If you have read "Memories from a geisha" you can visit all the places from the book, also the tea-house. If you haven't read the book I can highly recommend reading it while in Kyoto. I did.

I envy you.... I want to go back, and we are planning a new trip (with my husbands work) in springtime. Can't wait. Have a safe trip!

xxx.