FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Athenee Hotel (formerly Plaza Athenee), Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]
Old Oct 2, 2009, 6:07 am
schley

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by jaejaez

My one complaint?

The staff are cold and seem careless. I know others have advocated otherwise but that's how I have felt throughout my stay. Some were rude. But on the whole they were accomodating with a few exceptional ones whom I have highlighted to the GM already.

So be ware - although it is a great value hotel, do not expect the SGS type service from here. It does get very busy and some staff are clearly not very enthusiastic about the provision of top class service.

Rude? How would you classify rude? I would be surprised to hear any verbal exchange that could be considered rude there.

Most are professional and business like, they won't go out of their way to make conversation, as a guest I don't want to be hounded with constant, "how are you today sir" etc. However whenever I have engaged with any staff they have always been extremely courteous and professional.

I actually like the way they sit back and don't engage guests with constant questions and conversations while in public spaces of the hotel. Although we all have our preferences for how much staff engages guests with conversation, mine maybe different than yours.

With that said I'm not asking for a specific example of what you thought was rude, but was it in a verbal conversation, or do you just think their businesslike approach is rude?