FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 26, 2000, 6:04 pm
bagold

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
I've stayed at the Grand Hyatt twice. The first time was when it first opened around 10 years ago and it was nice and new. The second time was this past Christmas and was really disappointed. They haven't changed anything and the wear and tear was beginning to show. Every time you wanted a towel from the pool, you needed a ticket to get one. They charged a gratuity fee on goods purchased from the hotel shops. I have not experienced having to pay a gratuity fee on goods only sales tax before. I thought it was absoultely ridiculous since no service was provided!

We spoke to the general manager of the hotel who was extremely arrogrant about everything we discussed with him and we left after one night. We were also paying for one of their top suites for 10 nights so we expected a little better response from the general manager.

We switched over to the Ritz Carlton, paid half what we were paying at the Grand Hyatt and got a really nice suite on the club floor with great food selection throughout the day! The rooms very much nicer and modern and the service was great! If you had a choice, I would recommend looking around.