FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sydney Park Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - Pre-Renovation 2011
Old Oct 16, 2000, 9:03 am
ranles
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
We stayed there this year (first stay at the property, second visit to it). It is really top of the line! It is always rated very highly.

I do not know what happened to Markie, but there is no Hyatt amenity for platinum and never has been in the fifteen years I have been party of their program. If you stay at the same Hyatt frequently, they may give you something but that is a property decision and not part of the Hyatt program. If you want a particular view you have to ask and often pay for it.

Service at this property is excellent. The food is quite nice, but bring lots of money. Our room was a corner room with view of the bridge and park on the water. We were on the second floor. Views are great, but in a difference sense. The hotel is not a highrise, so do not expect that type of view. The rooms are not lavish in size, but are appointed quite well. As a small hotel, the prices from room to room are quite different. Comped upgrades are harder to come by in a small property. It is one of the best thought, if you want quality amenities, service and food.

I would suspect that you will not get a suite upgrade. There are few of these and the upgrade certificates are not revenue, so the hotel gets nothing for them.

No matter where you stay be prepared for a great visit...it is a wonderful place filled, mostly, with very friendly people and great things to do and visit.