FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Two Airlines, Opposite Alliance but Same PNR: Earn Mileage on two accounts?
Old Sep 29, 2009, 4:08 pm
Mr. Bean

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by aauaflier
i did this with no issues on one PNR going sfo-lax-jfk (aa) - fra-blr (LH) - sin-pen-sin-lax (sq) - sna (ua)

i put my frequent flyer number in advance, so i could apply for the aa upgrades. i can't remember who issued the ticket. but i know it was all on one PNR that amex put together, and that was important so i could check my bag from sfo-blr which was my first stop. and when i went to check my bag at sfo, they required me to show them my full PNR that showed me going to BLR so they'd check the bag. i got my upgrade on aa, and i got all the rest of the miles credited to UA.
They can't be all on the same PNR... each carrier uses a different record locator. They were probably on the same tickets (yes more than 1 since it was more than 4 segments, probably 3 sequential tickets).

On a side note... anyone know how to link non-sequential tickets, so that the itinerary shows up together when a TA pulls it up at check-in?