FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Santa Clara REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 26, 2009, 11:34 pm
HunterSFO

Programs: Mlife Plat,Total Rewards Diamond, UA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz 5*, Avis Presidents C
at this property now.

Check-in agent was friendly, but forgot to tell me I was upgraded to a club room or where the RC was. When i asked the other agent walked me over and opened the door for me.

Room is very modern with (kinda small) flatscreen. I like the decor - its very scandanavian with light colered woods and light colored fabrics/carpet. View was of the golf course next-door. Was given the room at the end of the hall on the 13th floor.

RC has nice computers (both Mac and PC) and two huge flatscreens. Comfortable "booths" and a big dining table with a fruit bowl in the middle. Soft drinks, coffee, tea, cocoa and fresh baked cookies are available self serve all the time. I am here on a weekend so the breakfast, alcoholic drinks, and evening appetizers are not available (separate room that is closed off.) Magazines and newspapers are available. One gripe - the magazine I wanted was on a very high shelf like 8 or 9 feet off the ground and I am not a giraffe so couldn't reach it.

The pool area looked nice and had a fountain and couches as well as tables / chairs for eating. It is on the first floor but accessible via a "pool elevator" on the 3rd floor so you don't have to walk through the lobby in your swimsuit.

Parking was free in the garage.

I went to the restaurant for dinner about 40 minutes before closing to find it was closed. Wish they had warned me at check-in. grrr. Full menu was available in the bar but a bunch of college kids were watching their school's football game so it was noisy. Food was okay though.

Breakfast at TRESCA was what I expect. The menu was the same as all the other Hyatt Regencies I've been to. My corned beef hash was better than the one I had to Orange County though. The juice was not as good. I was charged $0.30 which I think was the amount over what my bill plus 20% gratuity would have been. So i guess they include meal, tax, and 20% but anything over that you pay.

At checkout found out I was charged for internet. They said it's because it's t-mobile and that only wired is free for diamonds. She happily took it off my bill though when I questioned it.

Overall I'm satisified with the stay. There were problems but they fixed them. Will call customer service about Tresca being closed early with no forewarning. That was a bit annoying.

Pictures:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=a74a7042d5

Last edited by HunterSFO; Sep 27, 2009 at 8:23 pm